Managing at the top level of world football can be a hindrance to most managers, and it takes a special kind of character to excel in the worlds biggest jobs. One man that has certainly lived up to the challenge has been Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp.
The German arrived at Anfield in the winter of 2015 and has quickly stamped his authority all over the Liverpool team. After falling to win a trophy with the side for his first four years, he answered any doubters by winning the 2019 Champions League.
However, the job security of any elite manager is never safe, and there is still a chance that Klopp may choose to walk away from the Anfield club at the end of the season. With that comes an interesting betting market for punters to wager their money on who may be his successor. It is a competitive market for Liverpool betting, with many ex-players making up the favourites.
Current Next Liverpool Manager Odds
- Steven Gerrard – 5/2: Next Liverpool manager odds revealed! Steven Gerard, Anfield’s former midfielder is most likely to succeed Jürgen Klopp next season. Amidst rumours that the German could leave the Reds in 2022. The odds on the next manager do not lie. He has been a favourite amongst the bookies and it looks like his 17 years serving the club weighs in the balance. Liverpool’s DNA and fighting spirit runs in his blood. Even though he is still under contract with Glasgow Rangers he has been widely tipped to become Liverpool’s next manager.
- Xabi Alonso – 11/2: Xabi Alonso who is currently managing Real Sociedad B, slipped under the radar until recently when the odds on next Liverpool manager was disclosed. The former Red left a huge legacy at Anfield even though he only spent 5 years in the club. Where does he stand amongst the Liverpool legends? It looks like the odds speak for themselves. He was a pivotal part of the squad throughout his stay at Liverpool. Does Alonso have what it takes to replace the charismatic German?
- Julian Nagelsmann- 10/1: Jürgen Klopp has set the bar high for all the candidates. However, Julian Nagelsmann might be a potential heir to the Reds boss. This young and talented German manager has recently taken charge at RB Leipzig – a launching pad for his career. Both managers have a lot in common. From their philosophy to their management, they can mould good players into great players. But the chances of him leaving Leipzig are very unlikely at the moment. Find the next Liverpool manager odds on Ruby Bet.
- Pepijn Lijnders- 20/1: Pepijn Lijnders is a familiar face to fans of Liverpool. As the current assistant manager of the Reds, he has spent enough time alongside Jurgen Klopp to absorb his philosophy. The playing style of the players is no secret to this experienced contender- he knows the players and the club. Well, looking at the odds-on next Liverpool manager, it looks like he is up there with current favourites. Will he help shape the future of the club as the Manager?
- Diego Simeone- 20/1: Diego Simeone, also known as El Cholo showed plenty of technical prowess in March. The Athletico Madrid manager defeated Liverpool, dumping the defending Champions of the Champions League. Diego’s masterstroke has made a lasting impression at Anfield. Liverpool next manager odds showed that the former Argentine international is one of the top contenders. The question is, will he achieve great things if he takes charge at Liverpool?
- Thomas Tuchel- 20/1: Next Liverpool manager odds disclosed for when Jurgen Klopp quits Liverpool. Thomas Tuchel is an outsider when it comes to the Liverpool job. Questions have been asked about where the talented German Coach will go next after his Time at PSG comes to an end. Could he be heading to Anfield? Well, he has won a handful of titles in France, but some fear he might not be anywhere near the level of the current boss at Anfield.
- Massimiliano Allegri- 25/1: Next up in Liverpool’s next manager, odds is Massimiliano Allegri. He is a former midfielder who spent most of his career in Italy. He has chalked up some very impressive results throughout his career as a Manager, including five Serie A titles and two Champions League Semi-Finals. After taking a year out away from football, could Liverpool be his next move? Although, that would mean a clash of styles. He has a reputation for building tough defensively-minded sides. This might not go down well on Merseyside.
The managerial role at Liverpool is one of the most touted jobs in world football, but it takes a very special kind of character to excel in the position. Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in world football, and no other English club can claim to have won more silverware than the Reds. However, the one trophy that has consistently alluded them is the Premier League, and that will be the main aim of any successor to Klopp.
It looks unlikely that the current German manager will be fired anytime soon, but he could opt to walk away from the Reds should he achieve everything that he had planned. That means that the bet on Liverpool markets for this aspect could be a lucrative way for punters to maximise their returns.
How To Win at Manager Odds?
The way to win this kind of bet couldn’t be more simple. Punters will put their stake on the manager that they believe will follow them German in the Liverpool hot seat. The Liverpool manager odds will continuously change throughout the course of the season depending on how the managers in the market are doing with their current sides. However, punters will be rewarded with the returns should the manager that they pick be officially announced as the successor to Klopp.
If their selection isn’t announced as the next Liverpool manager, then the stake is lost, and the bet is a loser. The bet is settled once the next manager has been announced.
Liverpool Manager Odds
There is one clear front runner at this early stage, and that is ex-Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard. The midfielder was a talisman for the club and led them to a Champions League and FA Cup success. He has been excelling at his first club, and could even guide Rangers to their first piece of silverware for a long time.
It will be difficult for Gerrard to reject the club that he loves, but in order for him to get the chance then Klopp will have to leave the club. It is a market that punters should be aware of, and they could find an interesting avenue for revenue.